More efficient in generating energy than glucose alone.1
Increased mean power output after recovery.2
Improved athletes’ endurance.3
Feel the Difference or it's Free
Free U.S. shipping
Control your delivery date
Pause or cancel anytime
60-day money back guarantee
Frequently asked questions
There are 2 ways to raise your ketones:
- Endogenous ketosis (your body makes the ketones through a process called ketogenesis), or
- Exogenous ketosis (the ketones come from outside your body, e.g. Ketone-IQ™ or other ketone supplements).
These two methods are not mutually exclusive.
To get into endogenous ketosis, people engage in endurance exercise, follow low-carb/”keto” diets, or fast/starve. These activities cause blood glucose levels to drop and deplete glycogen (sugar) stores. Your body responds to the dip in energy by ramping up ketogenesis, or the breakdown of fat to make ketones to use for energy.
Ketones are an ultra-efficient fuel, especially for our brains. They’re evolutionarily designed to keep us razor-sharp and at peak performance between meals. But extended endogenous ketosis (e.g., keto diet) is hard to maintain long term. Often, it isn’t optimal for athletic or mental performance.
Enter Ketone Supplements (like Ketone-IQ™). These are called Exogenous Ketones (”exo” meaning “external”). These supplements quickly deliver ketones to your bloodstream, putting you into ketosis within minutes without the need to fast, restrict calories or carbs, or exercise away your glycogen stores.
There are 4 types of Ketone Supplements. You can read the full comparison here.
Here’s a summary, ranked from least effective to most effective:
D-Betahydroxybutyric Acid (D-BHB)
- This is the primary ketone that our body naturally produces and uses for energy.
- It's available as a supplement, but it's very acidic and can be hard to handle in large doses. It's best to take it in small amounts.
- For a safer way to get BHB or BHB precursors, try the other ketone supplements listed below.
- These molecules combine D-BHB with a salt such as sodium, magnesium, or calcium.
- Due to their high salt content, ketone salts can cause digestive issues when taken in large doses.
- The D-BHB is quickly released into your bloodstream, which can cause a small spike followed by a crash.
- It's rare to see ketone levels above 0.5mM, and they don't last very long.
- Ketone salts are often a blend of D-BHB and L-BHB (an inactive form of the molecule), so you’re only getting half the potential benefits.
- These molecules chain together BHBs, BHB precursors, and other keto-related molecules like MCTs.
- Ketone esters can be one ester chain long (a "monoester"), two ester chains long (a "diester"), and so on.
- Ketone esters may not be fully bioavailable if ester chains don't fully break down.
- Ketone esters quickly raise ketone levels, causing a spike that can reach 3-5mM in 30 minutes. This spike is followed by a steep crash.
- Ketone levels in this range can cause digestive issues, increased blood acidity, and performance problems.
- Ketone esters have a bitter, unpleasant taste and can cause nausea, vomiting, and digestive issues. Some people vomit immediately after taking Ketone Monoester, according to its GRAS document.
- Ketone esters can be up to three times more expensive per gram of ketone compared to Ketone Diol (discussed next).
Ketone Diol (Ketone-IQ™)
- Through our $6MM contract with the United States Department of Defense Special Operations Command (US DOD SOCOM), we found that Ketone Diols are ideal for physically and cognitively demanding tasks, unlike HVMN Ketone V1, which was a Ketone Ester.
- Ketone-IQ™ contains a pure 100% Ketone Diol called R-1,3-Butanediol (R-1,3-BDO).
Ketone esters are only 33-50% R-1,3-BDO; the remainder is typically BHB (too spiky) or MCT (too slow).
- R-1,3-BDO is the closest precursor to D-BHB, and it's converted directly into D-BHB with near 100% efficiency.
- Ketone-IQ™ has an optimal ketone curve that keeps you between 1.0 - 2.5mmol/L. This ketone range provides unparalleled efficacy, supported on the low end here, the high end here, and holistically here.
Fast Acting: Ketone-IQ™ quickly raises your blood ketones above 1.0 mmol/L within 30-60 minutes.
No Spike: Unlike ketone esters, there is no harmful initial spike above 2.5mmol/L because there's no unregulated D-BHB.
Natural Slow Release: Ketone-IQ™ keeps your ketone levels elevated above 1.0mmol/L for a longer period than ketone salts or ketone esters. Your body naturally regulates the R-1,3-BDO → D-BHB process to stabilize energy levels.
- Ketone-IQ™ has a better taste than ketone esters (although it's still not your grandma's lemonade).
- Ketone-IQ™ is 1/3 the cost per gram of any ketone ester on the market.
Read the full comparison here.
Raising your blood ketone levels can deliver numerous benefits, supported by a rapidly growing body of research. Optimal results are seen with blood ketone levels between 1.0–2.5 mmol/L, and Ketone-IQ™ is the most effective and cost-efficient way to keep your ketones within that range.
Below is a brief summary of ketones’ top benefits. For a deep dive of the data, read more here: https://help.hvmn.com/article/h6u6uxy44a-what-are-the-effects-of-ketone-iq
- Cognitive Performance: Ketones can cross the blood-brain barrier and generate 28% more ATP per gram than glucose. As an ultra-efficient brain fuel, they’re proven to improve focus, cognitive, and mental clarity and protect the brain from trauma, aging, and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Physical Performance: When you’re thinking sharper, you can perform better. Ketones can improve athletic performance by enhancing cognition, resulting in better reaction times and reduced fatigue. Plus, ketone supplements can support endurance and recovery for athletes; one study found that drinking ketones during a 3-week overtraining period led to a 15% increase in power output.
- Metabolic Health and Appetite: Ketone supplements may improve metabolic health by decreasing blood sugar levels and increasing insulin sensitivity. They may also suppress ghrelin (the hunger hormone), reducing appetite, improving diet adherence, and leading to improved body composition.
For a deep dive of the data, read more here: https://help.hvmn.com/article/h6u6uxy44a-what-are-the-effects-of-ketone-iq
Only one active ingredient: ketones, an ultra-efficient source of energy for your brain and body.
Supplement FactsServing Size 1 Shot, Amount per serving: Calories 70, Total Fat 0g (0% DV), Total Carb. 0g (0% DV), Total Sugars 0g **, Protein 0g (0% DV), Ketones (as R-1,3-Butanediol) 10g **. ** Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients (Multiserving bottle): Water, Less than 2% of: Monk Fruit Extract, Natural Flavor, Rebaudioside M, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Potassium Benzoate.
Other Ingredients (Travel Bottle): Water, Less than 2% of: Monk Fruit Extract, Rebaudioside M, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor.
Take it whenever you want to Fuel Fantastic.
We take it:
- every morning to kick off the day,
- to get into flow at work,
- before, during, and after hitting the gym,
- to power through the afternoon slump without resorting to coffee…
you name it!
We recommend taking 1–3 servings daily. Some people like to spread it across the day, and some take double or triple shots at once for an extra boost.
For more specific info, check out the below:
Ketones are simply a healthy energy source. Ketone-IQ™ fits any lifestyle and nutrition plan, keto or not.
All ingredients in Ketone-IQ™ are WADA compliant, allowed for use in all levels of sport.
For your peace of mind, each lot is 3rd-party batch-tested to confirm 100% compliance.
Please e-mail email@example.com with your Lot #, and we’ll be happy to share the testing report for your exact batch!
You can also find more information here.
If you’re fasting for weight management, focus, energy, and longevity, Ketone-IQ™ can help boost these benefits.
Ketones have also been shown to reduce ghrelin (1), the hunger hormone, and so a lot of people use Ketone-IQ™ to help extend their fasts!
Ketone-IQ™ does contain ketones (ketones are energy, and energy = calories), so if you’re following a strict zero-calorie protocol, it would break your fast.