- Achieve high blood levels of D-βHB (up to 3-6mmol/L) within 30 minutes.
- H.V.M.N. Ketone delivers β-Hydroxybutyrate (βHB) without salt or acid load.
- H.V.M.N. Ketone is approved as a food by the FDA, approved for use in sport by WADA.
- With single doses of the βHB ester, side effects are rare.
- Mildly raise βHB up to ~1 mmol/L.
- Currently cheaper to produce than ketone esters.
- Many ketone salts contain an unnatural form of βHB (L-βHB), which can't be easily metabolized in the body.
- In order to raise blood βHB concentrations you have to consume a significant load of salt (sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium) far in excess of the RDA of these substances.
- It is possible to add amino acids as an organic salt to βHB, delivering other nutrients along with βHB.
- Risk of GI symptoms at high doses.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT's)
- Many people get gastrointestinal symptoms following high levels of medium chain triglyceride consumption.
- High amount of calories as fat.
- Comparatively low blood ketone levels.
See this journal article authored by H.V.M.N. science lead, Dr. Brianna Stubbs: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphys.2017.00848/full
How to Get Into Ketosis Fast
The low-carb, high-fat keto diet has been shown to improve body composition and increase endurance performance. But getting into ketosis is difficu...
Ketones in Urine: All You Need to Know
Monitoring ketone levels in urine is important for both diabetics and those waiting to maintain ketosis. Here's what to look for, how to test and t...
VO2 Max: Training to Use Oxygen Efficiently
VO2 max might be the truest representation of endurance fitness there is. While elite runners and cyclists train their bodies to use a high volume ...
Do Calories Matter on a Keto Diet?
Are all calories created equal? Not on the keto diet. Weight loss has emerged as a primary incentive for going keto. That's not driven by the amoun...
Keto Diet Fundamentals
A ketogenic diet, or “keto diet,” refers to an extremely low-carbohydrate, high-fat pattern of eating. This article dives into the history of the k...
Beta-hydroxybutyrate or BHB –All You Need to Know
BHB stands for beta-hydroxybutyrate, one of the three main ketone bodies. It's a clean-burning energy source for both the body and the brain. What'...
Ketone Salts: Ketosis with a Cost
Ketone salts, also known as BHB salts, provide the body with a way to enter ketosis. But the results are mixed. There are a few options for someone...
How to Run Faster: Mental and Physical Techniques
Runners chase speed. For many, it's a lifelong pursuit. The connection between the body and the mind is important for speed, and harnessing both wi...