The cornerstone of science is the systematic, transparent pursuit of truth. The pursuit of truth in the field of human enhancement is what drives us at H.V.M.N.
While our understanding of the field adapts as better techniques and new data is discovered, the principles with which we conduct our research and development do not. We publish these principles with the following goals in mind: to plant a flag and define a new standard of public accountability, to continue to earn your trust, and to build the foundation of an intrepid company that will continue to do important work for many generations.
- Safety and Regulations. Our first priority is to ensure the safety of our customers: our products will only ever contain ingredients that are FDA and WADA compliant.
- Label Transparency. No proprietary blends. We always state exact ingredients, amount, and purity backed by 3rd party certificates of analysis (COA’s) to validate that the products have been tested and match the labels.
- Active Research. We contribute to the body of scientific knowledge by undertaking in-house research and collaborating with external research institutions. We share and/or publish all notable results of studies that concern our products or the ingredient(s).
- Driven by Data, not Dogma. We are open to re-evaluating our products and recommended protocols as new data emerges. This means adding or removing ingredients or routines, updating manufacturing processes, modifying the way we describe our product, and/or pulling products full stop.
- Personal Measurement. We are forthcoming with protocols to test and measure the efficacy of H.V.M.N. products on an individual basis. A clinical trial on a cohort of humans, even when showing statistical significance, does not guarantee effect on a specific individual.
- Evidence Grading. We share full knowledge of our understanding of the effects of H.V.M.N. products and their ingredients. Specifically, we indicate the grade of evidence underpinning H.V.M.N. products.
H.V.M.N. Evidence Grading:
- H1: Theoretical effect or in vitro evidence of effects.
- H2: Animal model evidence of effects.
- H3: Early human evidence of ingredient effects.
- H4: High-quality human evidence of ingredient effects.
- H5: Human study showing effects of product as sold.
Meeting these standards is an active battle against complacency, and we hereby commit to fully adhering to these principles regardless of cost, difficulty, or other obstacles.
How to Get Into Ketosis Fast
The low-carb, high-fat keto diet has been shown to improve body composition and increase endurance performance. But getting into ketosis is difficu...
Ketones in Urine: All You Need to Know
Monitoring ketone levels in urine is important for both diabetics and those waiting to maintain ketosis. Here's what to look for, how to test and t...
VO2 Max: Training to Use Oxygen Efficiently
VO2 max might be the truest representation of endurance fitness there is. While elite runners and cyclists train their bodies to use a high volume ...
Do Calories Matter on a Keto Diet?
Are all calories created equal? Not on the keto diet. Weight loss has emerged as a primary incentive for going keto. That's not driven by the amoun...
Keto Diet Fundamentals
A ketogenic diet, or “keto diet,” refers to an extremely low-carbohydrate, high-fat pattern of eating. This article dives into the history of the k...
Beta-hydroxybutyrate or BHB –All You Need to Know
BHB stands for beta-hydroxybutyrate, one of the three main ketone bodies. It's a clean-burning energy source for both the body and the brain. What'...
Ketone Salts: Ketosis with a Cost
Ketone salts, also known as BHB salts, provide the body with a way to enter ketosis. But the results are mixed. There are a few options for someone...
How to Run Faster: Mental and Physical Techniques
Runners chase speed. For many, it's a lifelong pursuit. The connection between the body and the mind is important for speed, and harnessing both wi...