- Achieve high blood levels of D-βHB (up to 3-6mmol/L) within 30 minutes.
- HVMN Ketone delivers β-Hydroxybutyrate (βHB) without salt or acid load.
- HVMN Ketone is approved as a food by the FDA, approved for use in sport by WADA.
- With single doses of the βHB ester, side effects are rare.
- Mildly raise βHB up to ~1 mmol/L.
- Currently cheaper to produce than ketone esters.
- Many ketone salts contain an unnatural form of βHB (L-βHB), which can't be easily metabolized in the body.
- In order to raise blood βHB concentrations you have to consume a significant load of salt (sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium) far in excess of the RDA of these substances.
- It is possible to add amino acids as an organic salt to βHB, delivering other nutrients along with βHB.
- Risk of GI symptoms at high doses.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT's)
- Many people get gastrointestinal symptoms following high levels of medium chain triglyceride consumption.
- High amount of calories as fat.
- Comparatively low blood ketone levels.
See this journal article authored by HVMN science lead, Dr. Brianna Stubbs: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphys.2017.00848/full